Imagine there was a Magical oil that could make your hair more attractive?
If only, right?
I don’t have a magical oil for you, but I’ve got something just as good:
Is Avocado Oil Good For Your Hair?
In this post, you will learn what it is, how to use it, what the experts are saying about it. And the risk you should avoid.
What is Avocado Oil?
It’s a fruit tree called the avocado tree or called Persea Americana. And the oil comes from the pressed pulp of avocados.
It has a very mild and delicate taste to it. Some describe it as a buttery flavor.
Did you know that avocados are often called alligator pears?
As you can see…
Avocados are packed with 20 important vitamins and minerals. The fatty acid profile is:
- 50% monounsaturated,
- 12% saturated
- and 13% polyunsaturated.
Which provides the essential nutrients your body needs to be happy.
Benefits of avocado oil
Here is a list of benefits for your hair:
Helps with Growth:
Avocado oil is packed with hair growth vitamins. Such as Vitamins A, B1, B2, B5, C, D, E, and K.And if that’s not enough..
The study lasted over an 8 month period. And On average they have seen a 34.5% increase in hair growth.
Having dandruff is Brutal. Scratching and itching is a big problem. It is not only uncomfortable but also annoying.
Avocado oil protects you from dandruff. It provides the essential nutrients your scalp needs to be healthy.
As a matter of fact, it ensures that your skin and hair stay moisturized.
What does this mean for you?
It means No more dandruff. Therefore goodbye to flaky hair and uncomfortable itching.
For this and many other reasons,you can make your own recipe at home and save money.
Instead of Paying an overpriced shampoo to remove dandruff. This recipe is safe and your entire family can use it.
Homemade dandruff shampoo recipe:
- ¼ Cup of liquid Castile soap
- ½ Cup of filtered water
- 2 Tablespoons of Avocado oil
- 1 Teaspoon of glycerine
- 20 Drops of tea tree oil
- 1 Small squeeze bottle or pump bottle
Reduces Hair Breakage:
The vitamin E in it enriches the hair and prevents future breakage. Helps bind split ends together.
Tangled hair happens because the cuticle becomes damaged.
What is a hair cuticle?
The hair cuticle is the outermost part of the hair shaft. It plays a pretty big role by allowing the moisture to pass into the hair shaft.
What causes damage to your hair cuticle?
- blow dryers
- curling rods
- Chemicals (like hair dyes)
- Lack of moisture
- Sleeping with your hair down
Fortunately,avocado oil prevents knotted and tangled hair by restoring the lost nutrients back to the hair. And It leaves the hair silky, shiny and healthy.
It Moisturizes Hair:
It deeply penetrates the hair shaft. Creating moisturized hair. This is because it is high in oleic acid and is easily absorbed.
3 Easy ways to use avocado oil
Believe it or not, avocado oil is one of the most beloved oils on the market today.And there are many different ways you can use it.
You can simply just use it as Hot oil treatment, hair mask, or leave-in conditioner.Think of it: you go to the beauty salon. And get a treatment that leaves your hair feeling rejuvenated, silky and smooth.
But at what cost?
Imagine being able to get fine-looking hair for a fraction of the cost. Well, avocado oil does the equivalent as the expensive salon hair treatment.
Here is how,
Hot Oil Treatment
This is a fabulous way to make your hair shiny and moisturized with avocado oil.And it will make your hair long and strong. You can use this before you shampoo.
- 3-4 Tbsp of Jojoba oil also great for stimulating hair growth
- 3-4 Tbsp of Avocado oil
- Small Pot
- Small glass jar or bottle
- Sprayer or pump bottle
- Towel or shower cap
- 1 cup of Water
Step by step:
- Pour Jojoba oil and avocado oil into a heat-safe container and Put aside.
- Place a pot with water on the stove and Bring it to a boil.
- Remove pot from heat.
- Place heat-safe container with the oils into the pot. Let it sit for about 2 minutes
- You can add a couple of drops of Rosemary or Lavender for extra hair benefits if you want to.
- Place warm oils in the bottle with the sprayer or pump.
- Test a small drop of oil on your wrist to make sure oil is not too hot.
- Apply the oils to your hair and scalp. Make sure you cover your hair from roots to tips. You just need enough oil to cover your hair with oil.
- Place a shower cap or towel over your head and leave it on for 30 mins to 1 hour.
- Rinse and wash and condition as usual.
If you have dry hair or damaged hair from a color treatment a hair mask can help. It deeply conditions treats, repairs and restores hair from the inside out. You can apply a hair mask once or twice a month.
Here is how to do it:
- 1 medium avocado or ½ for shorter hair
- 1 tablespoon of Raw Non-GMO honey
- 2 tablespoons of Avocado oil
- Three drops of essential oil. I like using rosemary or lavender. This step is optional.
How to prepare and apply:
- Take all the ingredients and use a blender to mix it. Make sure you get all the lumps out.
- Apply on damped scalp and hair.
- Put on the bathing cap and apply heat with a hairdryer for about 15 minutes. This is an important step because it will boost the penetration of nutrients and their effectiveness.
- Another way you can do it without the hairdryer is to expose yourself to the sun for 30 or 40 minutes. The heat from the sun will penetrate all the benefits of the mask into your hair.
- Rinse with cold water and shampoo then apply conditioner.
Leave in conditioner:
For a smooth and shiny hair. Apply a few drops to clean damp hair and blow dry or style as usual.
What the experts are saying about avocado oil for your hair
Studies have found that by incorporating avocados in your daily diet can improve your overall health, including your hair. And if you apply these powerful vitamins to your daily routine you will notice results over time.
Not just with your hair but your body too. You can take a closer look at what the experts are saying: Study located Here
Warning and precautions of Avocado oil
Before you start to use avocado oil you should test a small amount on your skin.And if you notice an allergic reaction stop using right away.
Overall, avocados are safe to use. But if you are allergic to avocados you should check with your doctor before using it.
Where to get Avocado oil ?
Avoid using artificial types that contain chemicals.
A quick tip is to always look for 100% all-natural Avocado oil. There are many brands to choose from.But Good avocado oil brands to look for are Sky Organics, NOW Solutions, Chosen Foods, and La Tourangelle
I enjoy using Now solutions 100% Pure Avocado Oil. It has never let me down. You Can find it on Amazon.
For more useful information check our blog section
I hope this information was helpful and answered the question is avocado oil good for your hair?
Irene Mills, is a dedicated wife. And, a mom of two young children. She graduated as a Bachelor in Science with an orientation in Architecture. As well as Literature, and Language. She thrives, in the writing of drama, romance, and adventure. With a high interest in the truth of nature and Organic lifestyle. Want to know more? check out our about us page.